Maintain Optimum Denture Fit and Oral Health
An annual checkup is an opportunity to identify problems
Over time, your mouth undergoes changes in both the hard(bone) and soft(gum) tissues, so your dentures may not fit as they once did.
To help you maintain optimum oral health, it is important to regularly assess your dentures and mouth. This will ensure maximum comfort, chewing efficiency and appearance.
An annual checkup is also an opportunity to identify problems and possibly save you money and trouble in the future.
What to expect during your annual visit
- Intra-oral examination to check for any abnormalities or changes in your oral tissues
- Extra-oral examination of your head and neck region
- Updating your medical and dental history
- Check denture stability and structural integrity of your denture
- Review oral hygiene procedures and denture care
- Discuss options available to you
- Answer any questions you may have